Second day at the Lodge with Mom and Dad. The place is lovely but only about half occupied so the twenty or so couples (and some singles) who live here have gotten to know each other quite well. So, naturally, they all know me too. When we went in to dinner tonight, a wave of "oh, it that their daughter?" followed us to our table. We dress for dinner every night, which is to say that we change our clothes and brush our hair and teeth as if we were going out before we head down to the dining room. I’m trying hard to remember everyone's name and its easier once I've had an entire meal to get to know them. I'm already getting mixed up on the introductions that have been made as we pass by a table of diners on our way to our own table.
Mom and I drove up to Vergennes this morning for shopping and lunch and had a very successful day. Both of us found something to buy (big surprise) even though the antique store was closed. On the way home, we stopped at the needlework and quilting store near New Haven and laughed at the sign on the door that asked us to check our feet before coming in if we'd been out with the geese. Didn't know what that meant until we came out and saw them in a field right next to the parking lot. I'll add a photo or two when I have a faster connection!
The Williamsons are a bit tense tonight because they're closing on the sale of the Castleton house tomorrow afternoon…we fervently hope. This afternoon has been full of phone calls to the lawyers, last minute questions from the realtors, and digging through files. Let's hope all goes well and by this time tomorrow they will be "homeless"!
No comments:
Post a Comment