Wednesday, February 11, 2009

25 Things About Me

By now you surely know the drill, if you're reading this consider yourself tagged and get busy!

1. I keep a bath crayon in the shower so when I have brilliant insights about my dissertation I can write them down before I forget them

2. I need lots of time by myself in order to function pleasantly when I'm with other people

3. I love to learn and wish I could spend more time studying

4. I hate cauliflower and brussel sprouts

5. I have a beautiful step-daughter and two extraordinary grandkids

6. I LOVE to travel

7. I have a t-shirt or sweat shirt from a college or university in almost every city I've traveled to in the past eight years

8. From the time I was about 22 until I was about 30 I wore pumps with three inch heels to work every day

9. I just bought a GPS device for my truck...with the hope that Tommy and I will argue less when we travel together and Chris and I won't get lost as much :-)

10. I was on the gymnastics's team in high school.

11. My cats are VIP's: Virginia, Isaac, and Pauline.

12. I am at my most creative when I'm relaxed and not under a deadline.

13. I love to teach.

14. I believe in common courtesy.

15. I hate, loathe, detest, and abhor cruelty of any kind.

16. I'm better at growing vegetables than flowers.

17. I've had cataracts removed from both eyes, lens implants in both eyes, and have detached retinas in both eyes.

18. I am not blind.

19. I've been into technology since my very first boss at Wash. U. taught me to use a computer.

20. I love the whole web/library 2.0 thing.

21. My brilliant sister is a fluvial geomorphologist.

22. My brilliant brother is an electrical engineer.

23. My brilliant nieces both have IQ's that are off the charts (guess now we know where all the Williamson brains went!)

25. It took me x days to compile this list.

25. And now Jennifer has tagged me for another one...48 (more) things you didn't want to know about me coming soon.

No comments: