Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanks Amber and Josh!

We had an amazing day yesterday. It started out HORRIBLE for reasons I won't go into (just imagine me really, REALLY grumpy). But Amber and Josh saved the day! Amber had planned to take us to the beach for photos (her Christmas gift to us) but when our plans got disrupted by lying deliverymen (that story another time, really), Josh came to the rescue by "babysitting" our house and letting the delivery men while we were gone. Then the four of us went on a double date! We went out to dinner and then to a movie.

That doesn't sound like a big deal I know but here's why it is. First, it was the first time that Tommy and I had EVER gone to the movies together. Really, ever. The last time I went to the movies was in 1991, by myself to see the film version of the Nutcracker and the last time Tommy went to the movies, he says, was to see Billy Jack or maybe one of the James Bond movies (personally, I think it was probably the latter since, according to the IMDB, Billy Jack premiered in 1971). And second (but really first), it was the first time Tommy has ever had his photo taken by a professional photography (oh yes, Amber is most definitely a professional...all you have to do is check out her website (www.amberbrightphotography.com to know that's true).

We had a really good time at the beach having our pictures taken. The sun was setting, it was clear and cool (about 70 or 75) and there was no seaweed and hardly any other people. And we enjoyed dinner at Chili's and the movie, Twilight, which I HIGHLY recommend. The books were great and the adaptation to film is pretty good as these things go (and yes, Stephanie Meyer, the author DOES have a cameo role in the film...will she turn out to be another Stephen King?).

Anyhow, Amber and Josh turned a pretty awful day into a really fun one and I just want to say thanks to them for that. We always have fun when they take us out to do something out of our comfort zone. We're so lucky to have them as neighbors and friends!

1 comment:

The Bright Family said...

The saviors of the evening we can't claim. I just sat at the house and told people where to put furniture. It was fun on our part as well. Any time you feel like it we are ready to go again!