Thursday, August 14, 2008

thoughts from St. Louis

I spent a fun day visiting with my beautiful nieces, Lauren and Samantha, today and having lunch and shopping with my sister-in-law Corinne while the girls were at craft camp (Lauren is learning to use a pottery wheel and Samantha is making paper!).

Spent last night and this evening sorting through a box of stuff from my high school and college days...diaries (definitely need to be tossed...teenage angst, argh!), year books, photos and letters. Yeah, real letters, the kind you wrote on paper and sent through the mail (when stamps cost 15 cents). Can't seem to bring myself to through any of them away yet, we'll see how I feel when it comes time to pack to go home.

This morning at my brother's house my niece Lauren modeled a dress that my mom had given her while they were visiting in June...it's the dress I made myself and wore to my high school senior prom (she looked beautiful in it, of course). Then tonight, as I was going through boxed of pictures, letters, etc. I came across a photo of me in it (too) many years ago...when I get home and can scan the old one I'll post them both for you to see.

1 comment:

The Bright Family said...

nice to have friends who can give you personalized tours like that. Looked neat... Sounds like you had a great time.
Josh B.