Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

You wouldn't think Mother's Day would be an important holiday for me. I mean, I HAVE a mother whom I love dearly and we had a lovely talk yesterday afternoon. That, of course, made yesterday special all by itself. But that was just the beginning of a really lovely day. Tommy started things off on Saturday by buying me a Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer to replace my twenty year old Krups. It's wonderful and, of course, I baked all weekend...banana bread, a desert, and french bread. Then on Sunday he cooked the best brisket he's ever made (and that's saying A LOT 'cause he makes the world's best brisket IMHO) along with potato salad and pinto beans. It was a wonderful feast (and just as good left over tonight). To top things off, the little Brights brought me the greatest home made Mother's day cards ever! They were all dressed up in their Sunday best and when I opened the front door they all shouted "Happy Mother's Day". It really made my day (and I only cried a little, after they'd gone). I do love you guys Cami, Karston, and Kay Kay, you bring so much joy to both Tommy and me.

I ended up the day thinking about all the great mothers I know and how much I've learned from them and look up to them and love them...you know who you are...Mary (that's you Mom), Amber, Chris, Julie, and Corinne. I hope you ALL had as wonderful a day as I did yesterday.

2 comments:

The Bright Family said...

Why didn't we see any of those baked goodies?!? :)

I'm glad my three kids have you as their next door Mom--I really appreciate you & all you do for my kids!! I'm also very grateful for the encouragment and example you set for me. Happy Mother's Day--a little late!! :)

SWS said...

Tommy ate them all! You'll have to take that up with him :-)