Thursday, May 01, 2008

I PASSED!!!!

Just finished a celebratory dinner with my class mate after we both passed the oral portion of the preliminary qualifying exam for our PhD program. As most of you know, this involved a written exam which we took during the first week in April and then an oral defense of that exam today. We took our orals individually and they involved sitting in front three faculty members who make up our advisory committee and answering questions about the written exam (and anything else they wanted to ask). I feel as if a HUGE weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Compared to today, my last two class meetings tomorrow and Saturday will be a breeze. Then, more celebration by shopping with Chris's daughter Lindsay in Arlington before we come home on Saturday evening.

YEA ME!!!!

1 comment:

The Bright Family said...

Good deal. Congratulations! Not like I thought you wouldn't.
Josh