This whole conference has been an adventure and today was no different. We visited the exhibit hall this morning and talked with our vendor friends and visited some of the publisher booths as well. I picked up a bag full of books for my friends Amber and Cami. Amber likes history, Texas history in particular and I found a couple of Texas history books that I hope she'll like. And Cami has just discovered how much fun reading is...I don't know what her favorite type of story is but I've got several books for her. Maybe she'll tell me which one she likes best so next time I can pick up her favorites!
This evening we went out to dinner with some folks who work for one of the vendors with whom we do a lot of business buying magazines and journals and electronic indexes. The restaurant was lovely as usual and the food was delicious also as usual. But when we left the restaurant to drive back to our hotel it started to rain and thunder and rain some more, hard! Chris did a fantastic job driving us back to our hotel...she's so brave! And now we're safe in our hotel room listening to thunder.
One more day and we get to go home! Yea! I miss Tommy!
2 comments:
We love our books!!! Thank you so much for thinking of us. Cami has already started reading Julia Gillian--the book with the dog on the front. The dog's name is big foot--Cami thought that was funny & it should be Emma's name too!! :) Thanks again!!
Yea! That makes me happy. 'Course none of them are signed like the ones you got at your conference...but I bet that doesn't make them any less fun to read. Enjoy!
Post a Comment