Saturday, January 19, 2008
Back to school
Well, my classes have started again. I'm taking two this semester; an applied statistics class at TAMUCC and one called Research and Issues in Library & Information Science at TWU. The TWU class met for the first time yesterday in Denton so Chris and I flew up for the day. All but one of our classmates are new to us so class will be an adventure (as usual). After class we drove from Denton to Arlington to drop off some things for Chris's daughter Lindsay who is in her second semester at UT Arlington. I've known Lindsay since she was 13 and she's grown up into a lovely, interesting young woman. It's been fun for me to be involved in her going off to college. My statistics class hasn't started yet, that is, we haven't me face to face yet, because its on Monday nights and since classes started officially on Wednesday, January 16 and the University is closed for Martin Luther King day on Monday, January 21, our first meeting won't take place until next Monday, January 28. We're working online using course delivery software called WebCT so we have a little work to do before our first meeting. I'm looking forward to both classes this semester. I don't think they'll be really difficult and am looking forward to incorporating my work for both of them into an article about teaching courses on serials and electronic resources in library schools.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment