Thursday, January 10, 2008

Chilly in Philly

When I arrived in Philadelphia on Tuesday they broke a record for warmest temperature here. I think it topped out around 70 degrees which was, of course, fine with me! Today its back to normal. I think the temp is about 50 right now...thank goodness the wind isn't blowing too hard.

So I'm curled up in my hotel room with my shoes off, the heater on, and a cup of tea in hand downloading my notes from another day of workshops and sessions. I got this really cool Christmas present. It's a tablet (like a clipboard) to which you clip a pad of regular paper. But when you turn it on and take notes, the notes are recorded digitally and can then be downloaded to a laptop or desktop computer. It's much lighter to carry around than my laptop and I won't have to cart home pages and pages of notes which I'll never look at again (even if I could find them!). It's battery powered and the batteries are rechargeable (and light weight).

Tomorrow things start to get busy as ALISE winds down and ALA MidWinter gets going but I'll try to keep posting!

2 comments:

The Bright Family said...

Did you run up the steps of the art museum?!? It sounds like you are getting a taste of winter, but I'm sure you'll be glad to get back here--where yesterday it was just about perfect in the upper 70s! :) We miss you!

SWS said...

No, but I did walk down them :-)

I'm glad to be home!