Still harvesting veggies in pretty big quantities. This morning I counted nine bags of green beans in the freezer (after I added three), plus corn, cherry tomatoes, peaches ( from the Palisades peach folks, not home grown, but pretty close), and squash. Then there's the pantry where there are jars of tomatoes, tomato sauce, dill pickles, bread and butter pickles, jalapeƱos, and pickled squash. How can I go back to work full time when there's so much to do at home?!
Here's what we picked yesterday...
This ones for mom and dad, the ficus tree we brought home from their house in June...
The "new" garden, that's cucumbers, some herbs, lettuce, and spinach. I have no idea whether they'll grow to harvest, but it's better than an empty bed!
JalapeƱos....
Tomatoes...
Trimmed back squash...
And Tommy's new friend, "junior," who will come right over and climb up his leg!
No comments:
Post a Comment