Sunday, February 03, 2013

Home Sweet Home

I've been in Portland, OR since Thursday for the first of two teaching weekends this semester. Portland is a great city. Its clean, the people are SO nice, and getting around is about as easy as any city I've ever been in. Oh, and it's absolutely beautiful.
Here's a picture I took of the sun rising on my hotel yesterday morning:




It was a great weekend. My class (who are in their second semester in the SLIM program), are intelligent and articulate beyond my wildest dreams. Sadly, I've started to expect poor writing skills of my students, but this group's writing is excellent.
I was pretty sure that there was something else I wanted to add to this post but I can't think of what it might be at the moment. I guess ten hours of traveling and two glasses of wine will do that :-)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Emporia,United States

No comments: