Monday, July 05, 2010

Catching up...

When I got my new phone in February (an android from t-mobile...trying to be patient awaiting apps that are already available for iphones) I started using it as my primary camera but failed to figure out how to quickly and easily transfer photos to either the web or my laptop where they are "bloggable". SO I have been a poor blogger for the past six monthly. (no, sheer laziness has nothing to do with it, how could you even think such a thing?!?) I have, however, conquered this issue and will try to diligently catch you up on this summer's activities beginning with the butterflies.

Last year when I found black swallowtail caterpillars on my parsley I just waited and watched them and they all went away before becoming a chrysalis except one and that one we didn't see "hatch". So this year when we found them on the parsley again...




...we bought a big glass terrarium and put them in it with some parsley and some sticks. After about a week they turned into chrysalises....





...and about two weeks after that two of them became beautiful black swallowtail butterflies....





...that we quickly released back into the garden!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my...how positively gorgeous!!! I have never seen those before. They really are huge and stunningly beautiful! Thanks for sharing them. I'm glad to see your summer is busy and happy!
-Kathy