Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Christmas shopping...sigh

Never a really avid shopper, shopping is one of the parts of Christmas that I dread. Usually, by the time I get around to it I've expended all of my creativity and then some on school work and all I want to do is sit down with a glass of wine, some chocolate, and a cat on my lap to read a book for fun (gasp! I almost don't remember what that's like!). This year, however, there may be some hope. My friend Jen explained to me about amazon.com wish lists and Amazon prime.

What's cool about amazon.com wish lists is that all you have to do is type in the name or email address for someone you know and up pops their wish list. The list updates when you buy something from it (even it you don't buy it from amazon.com...but you have to go mark it off the amazon list).

What's cool about amazon prime is that it's essentially a pre-purchased, fixed price shipping option. You pay $79 once a year and get all your purchases sent via 2-day delivery for free. You can also upgrade to overnight shipping for just $3.99. There's even a free trial version available!

So maybe I won't have to brave the madness at the mall this weekend afterall...I'll just curl up with my chocolate and my cat and shop from the peace of my living room! Wish me luck...and let me know if you have an amazon.com wish list!

No comments: