Monday, November 23, 2009

The pack rat lives!

As usual, Tommy and I took the Thanksgiving week off from work and, as is quickly becoming our tradition, doing home improvement. This year we've been working on the upstairs, creating an office for Tommy and shampooing all the carpets and painting my home office. That involved cleaning out closets and drawers and boxes and guess what I found? A whole box full of letters that people wrote to me during the late 70's and early 80's. Needless to say, I spent hours reading through them. Loved the letters from Alison and her brother Mike, Jenni, Ed, Meryl, Karen S., Kathy, and, of course, mom and dad! I loved re-reading your letters. Kind of miss writing letters. You only have one side of the conversation but you're (at least I am) much more apt to re-read them than you are old email messages, ya know?

1 comment:

SWS said...

I forgot Eve and Adam and Eileen from Wash U. I loved getting letters from you all too!