Friday, January 02, 2009
An unexpected thank you
A couple of days ago we found a thank you note in our mailbox. By the handwriting on the outside, I assumed it was from Amber, our neighbor to the right, for taking care of Emma and the fish while they were away but no! It was from our neighbors to the left, Kailee, Tim, and Jenna. We don't know them very well because they're seldom outside when we are and because they moved in relatively recently, last summer, when the house's owners, a military family, moved away. It was leased to Kailee, Tim, and Jenna, students at TAMUCC and Tommy feared the worst: loud parties, unkempt lawn & garden, etc. But, as I said, they've been quiet and pretty unnoticeable until last Tuesday when they left us a very sweet thank you note for bringing in their garbage can while they were away on holiday break. Tommy was stunned and very pleased at their thoughtfulness. He says they've changed all his assumptions about college students. I was, of course, also pleased with their thoughtfulness although less surprised than Tommy since I know from the students that work for me that they can be very grown up and thoughtful. I was really pleased that they have changed Tommy's mind about them. So, to Kailee, Tim, and Jenna, you're most welcome and thank YOU for living up to my expectations! I'm so happy that we have you as neighbors.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment