Wednesday, October 01, 2008

My first paycheck as a teacher!

Today I got my first paycheck from Texas Woman's University for teaching! Ok, technically I'm a teaching assistant but it's the first one and exciting. I feel like I've achieved a life long goal. And yeah, they took out more than 50% for taxes, etc. but that doesn't take the shine away for me...I really would do this for nothing. I thought being a librarian was fun and still can't really believe what they pay me to do that but this is much better!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations!! I know how you feel: I too just received my first 'paycheck' (they just added it to my regular paycheck) as a teacher.

What class are you TA-ing for? I'm teaching a First Year Seminar on the election; it's a whole semester, and while I feel insanely busy, I'm having a blast. My kids are on fire for politics!

SWS said...

It's actually two sections of cataloging at TWU so entirely online which is REALLY cool.