Sunday, August 24, 2008

Happy Anniversary to me!

This weekend is Tommy's and my 12th wedding anniversary! Can you believe it? We can't remember whether it's actually today or yesterday...and I haven't taken the time to go look on our marriage license. Why bother when you can celebrate BOTH days? It's also the last weekend before school starts. So we spent the weekend the way we like best: yesterday Tommy finished mowing the front yard while I went to the grocery store. Then I baked chocolate cupcakes with chocolate icing from a recipe I found in the Vegetarian Times magazine. They have avocado instead of eggs in the cupcakes and the icing has tofu instead of butter so they're pretty healthy and safe for Tommy. We had chile and cheese enchiladas for supper (another recipe from Vegetarian Times). I learned all about chiles and the Scoville index for measuring the amount of heat of the different varieties.

Today we picked up some 'necessities' at Lowe's and came home to plant some plants and pull up some other. I know it's not the right time but Tommy's been so worried about our cedar elm tree's slow growth that I went ahead and pulled up the day lilies that were planted around it's base. Then we sanded and painted the metal table that sits on our front porch. And I'm going to attempt to make Corrine's shrimp chimichangas for supper tonight.

So yeah, we cooked, ate, worked together in the yard, and worked together on a home improvement project...some of our favorite things that we probably won't have much time for during the upcoming few months.

No comments: