Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Hurricane preparedness

As tropical storm Dolly churned it's way towards South Texas we put our hurricane preparedness plan into effect. Here's some pictures of how we cover the books with huge sheets of plastic. They're a little blurry because I took them with my phone.



Looks like a haunted house doesn't it?


Rob comes to the rescue with more plastic!


That's Virginia on the left and Marcial on the right in the foreground. Marcial's my library school student doing his practical experience in the library this summer. I think he got a little more experience today than he bargained for.


Yep, that's how we do it...a bunch of us on one side of the shelves to push the plastic over the top and some more on the other side to grab it and pull it over.


My staff and I were tired and they got a bit silly as we were leaving to go home. (It says Sarah's "blowing in the wind" in case you can't read it)

No comments: