Monday, November 05, 2007

Tagged...

Amber tagged me last week but I haven't had time (or creativity) to "play" until today. Today, I'm home sick with some kind of cold, bug, flu, pneumonia, bubonic plague...that's what it feels like anyway, I'm sure it's just a cold. Anyway, here are the rules:

A. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.

B. Each player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves.

C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

So, six things about me...

1. I'm a slob. I know, my house is always neat and I (usually) look respectable but that's all Tommy. Left on my own there'd be stacks of papers and books everywhere, I'd never put my clothes in the laundry basket. (Anybody who's seen my office at work can verify the truth of this one.) Tommy usually has to remind me that its time to get my hair cut!

2. I like to travel. One of the best parts of all of the jobs I've ever had has been traveling with people with whom I share a common interest. First it was travel agents and now its librarians. Tommy's definitely a home-body (something I love dearly about him 'cause I also like staying home) so I'm lucky to be part of a profession that allows me to travel to conferences (even though Tommy also hates being left alone at home).

3. One of my goals is to still be able to do the splits when I'm 50. Fitness has always been important to me and I'm fortunate to be very flexible. It just seems as if I have to work harder and harder to STAY fit and flexible as the years go by :-).

4. I'm already thinking about which degree I want next. Like Amber, I love school. I love learning but I need the structure of classes and a degree program to keep me on track. There are so many things out there to learn that I'd get lost without some kind of compass (like a degree) to keep me on track. (Don't know how I'm going to finish a whole dissertation without getting off track!).

5. My favorite TV shows are Dancing with the Stars and So You Think You Can Dance. I can resist almost anything to go upstairs and study...but not these two TV shows. Thank goodness they're not on at the same time during the season! Seriously, most everyone knows I have some dance in my background and I am so delighted that shows like these are are bringing dance of all kinds to America's attention.

6. I'm shy...and I'm good at hiding it. I wasn't so good at hiding it when I first started to go to school. I did everything I could to stay home. I'd get in one side of the car pool to preschool and out the other. I'd get on the bus to kindergarten and then get off at the next stop and go home. Now I hide it better and I've learned that almost everybody else is a little shy too. Sometimes all it takes to make a new friend is to be the first one to speak. It's also good to know how to laugh at yourself!

Ok, hopefully I made you smile and told you something about me that you didn't know. Now it's your turn Brie, Jen, Alita, Sue, Corinne, Lauren, and Samantha! (Yeah, I know, that's seven technically, my nieces Lauren and Samantha can work together if they like). I know most of you don't have blogs so feel free to use the comments section of mine to tell us six things about you!

1 comment:

The Bright Family said...

Has Cami seen you do the splits?! I bet she would love to see her talented friend! :)

Amber