I love coming to NASIG conferences because they're relatively small (about 600 attendees and presenters) which makes it easy to meet people and actually have converstations. But it's really the people who make the conference a joy. I've rediscovered discovered this today as one person after another has come up to me today to tell me that I don't need to be nervous about public speaking and that I did a good job last night introducing the award winners and today introducing speakers at a number of workshops. The warmth and caring of these people is beyond belief. I can't tell you how friendly they are. It's just lovely.
I have also noticed this year that I really enjoy giving a poster presentation. As opposed to a formal workshop or presentation, the poster presentation gave me an opportunity to talk to people one on one about my research (sometimes until their eyes started to glaze over) and to gather new ideas and perspectives on something I'm passionate about. I'll post a couple of pictures of the poster sessions later today.
Yeah, I'm having a good time!
No comments:
Post a Comment