Sunday, December 31, 2006

Holidays

What a lovely week and a half! Very relaxing although I have got some of my "chores" done too. Started scanning my loose recipes into the computer so they're easier to find. Also read three books for fun: Dark Angels by Karlene Koen and one called Blood Confessions, both of which I ;picked up at ALA last summer. Dark Angels was pretty good; Koen wrote Through a Glass Darkly (which I haven't read). I wouldn't recommend Blood Confessions...it's pretty much what it sounds like AND has a sad ending. Also read the latest novel by Phillipa Gregory, The Boleyn Inheritance, which was quite good; if you liked her other historical romances you'll like this one.

All of this, and some cooking ('though nothing fancy) among other reasons to avoid TV where it seems as if lately one can only find funerals, hangings, or sports.


No comments: