Friday, December 22, 2006

Celebration!

Yea! Today is my last day of work and I've just turned in my 5-year review portfolio to the Library Continuing Appointment Review Committee. Continuing appointment is for us what tenure is to faculty so it's a pretty big deal. Now, the Committee will review my portfolio and make a recommendation to the Library Director about whether or not I should be offered a continuing appointment. Then the Library Director makes her recommendation to the Provost who has the final say. Hopefully I will have an answer by the end of the spring semester. It's almost nice that it's so long because I will have forgotten all about it by then!

Anyhow, I am now off to do a last little bit of Christmas shopping for Tommy. It's a beautiful day for it today and the weatherman is predicting that our weather is going to turn cold and rainy tomorrow. I don't think we'll get snow this year :-) but it is supposed to be cold on Christmas day.

No comments: