I think that I am now as close to being a native Texas as one can get without having been born here. True, I've lived in Texas for more than half my life, but the ultimate initiation occurred last night when I got home from work.
As usual, I got home, petted the kitties, and went upstairs to change into my favorite jeans and a t-shirt. I got the jeans on but not zipped before I realized that I was not their only occupant. When I instinctively grabbed the offending (but unmentionable) handful of denim, my fears were confirmed by a horrible crunch...I had disturbed (and then quickly smushed) the scorpion who had taken up residence!!
You can imagine speed with which I separated myself from both beast and garment...you may not be able to imagine the noises I was making as I danced around the bedroom in my underwear because the little bugger had managed to sting me twice before he died. Suffice it to say that they were loud and not tremendously lady-like.
Luckily, the sting of a scorpion feels like someone pinched you HARD and lasts a bit longer than that pinch would. I took some benedryl, just to be safe and had a glass of wine with dinner and could hardly feel the sting at all by the time we went to bed.
This post doesn't come with a picture, :-).
No comments:
Post a Comment