Sunday, June 21, 2015

Baby birds and first garden harvests

While I was in Overland Park, KS (near KC) Tommy saw this baby bluejay on our front porch.  He hung around for quite a while so Tommy war out to take this picture.  Just after he took it the mom (or dad) bluejay flew down and pecked Tommy on the top of the head! Both mom and dad were nearby the whole time and making quite a racket. 


Also this weekend we picked a big basket full of green beans, a few baby beets (because I just can't wait any longer!), and lots of lettuce.  All 13 tomato plants have tons of tomatoes on them. I just hope the lettuce lasts until the tomatoes are ready.  Also picked a cucumber, one of the first. The soybeans are finally showing pods so I guess I'll have to figure out how to cook them soon.
 




No comments: