These are the geraniums that we bought and enjoyed all summer long last year and that Tommy rooted in water over the winter. They've been growing in small pots indoors for about two months. Today they're going back in the big pot outdoors. I think they came back very nicely!
Tommy transplanted some of our Arbor Day Foundation tress from last spring to their permanent homes and that left room in the garden for lettuce and herbs.
New (small) gardens along the fence for tomatoes and jalapeƱos in the far corner and next to the shed (right over my goofy husband's right shoulder): Better Boy, Sweet Baby Girl tomatoes and Tam jalapeƱos. One of each in each spot because we're still testing to find the best spot in the backyard for big, permanent vegetable gardens.
Here's the iris garden along the south side of the house where today we put mulch because it dries out so quickly. A few of the lilies I bought at Lowes a couple of weeks ago (in Wichita) are coming up too, but, sadly, only about 20% of what I planted (that'll teach me to buy bulbs at Lowes!). Note the lovely new shutters on the house. The empty patch is where I planted some flower seeds today (Camelias).
Then a thunderstorm popped up and we had pea sized hail for about 10 minutes and a lovely, thundery rain for about 30 minutes more.

No comments:
Post a Comment