
He also trimmed the bougainvillea and the plumeria so everything looks very bare except for the blue bonnet plants which are lush and green in the middle of the otherwise brown backyard.

I started my seeds for our spring garden and this time got smart (well, a little smarter): I drew a matrix out on paper that mirrors the pattern in the seedling box and then I labeled what I planted on the matrix! I planted heirloom tomatoes, lots of different peppers (including a bunch of jalapenos which we've discovered we LOVE pickling ourselves), and some herbs.

I've also started a quilting project, well actually I'm learning how to quilt using a book that provides step by step directions and, at the end of each step you make a little patchwork which, eventually will end up being a sampler...hopefully!
Other things we did this week: Pauline had minor surgery to remove a broken tooth and a growth on her jawline (it was kind of like a mole on her chin...a very old lady-ish thing). She came through fine (as did I) and now seems to be much happier and more comfortable although we're so anxious for her to eat more and gain some weight that I'm afraid she's getting very spoiled; we drop whatever we're doing and feed her a dish of soft food anytime she asks for it! Oh, and the growth turned out to be benign.
I finished and submitted an application for an online teaching job at San Jose State University's School of Library and Information Science.
And Tommy went down to the shop this morning to unload their first shipment of Bad Boy Buggies, a new product for CC Golf Cars. Between them and the recently passed ordinance that allows residents of Padre Island to drive golf cars on their streets it's looking like a busy spring at CCGC!
No comments:
Post a Comment