Saturday, July 31, 2010

More catching up...summer travel 2

A couple of weeks after I as in Palm Springs I went to Washington, DC for another conference...me and roughly 19,999 other librarians. Did the typical rounds at the exhibits and found a print copy of the new 3rd edition of the Encyclopedia of Library and Information Science. Couldn't resist taking a picture with my article even though you really can't see it...





It was a short trip (Friday to Monday), but I did manage to squeeze in a long lunch at the Smithsonian Museum of American Art where I took a tour with a docent of the National Portrait Gallery. The most interesting portrait was this one of Bill Clinton which is sort of moderny-impressionist.











There's a courtyard in the museum that is a fairly recent addition that has a undulating roof that makes sound fail to echo in what would otherwise be a very large, echo-y space. In the photo you can see a slight difference in the stone that's used on the left piece of the building and the right. The part on the right is the newer part and the part on the left is the original building.





Here's a nice picture of Chris that I took at a restaurant where we were attending a vendor reception.


1 comment:

The Bright Family said...

I think I'm going to be a librarian now!! :) Sorry it took me so long---THANK YOU for coming home with books for your neighbors on your summer travels. We have thoroughly enjoyed reading them. :)