It's been a stressful week for all of us. It started last Saturday when Isaac had to go to the vet. He literally fought it tooth and claw...we were ALL bloody before it was over, even the vet. Poor old Isaac gets so freaked out by it all that his little paddy-paws actually get sweaty! As a result he got his shots, which was the most important thing, but didn't get his teeth checked or anything else.
Tommy had a rough week because one of his employees was on vacation. That seems to throw off the whole place's routine, Tommy's especially. He came home on Friday and said, "Sometimes I love going to work, sometimes I can tolerate it, and sometimes I just want to retire." I keep telling him he can retire anytime but so far he hasn't done it.
When I get stressed out it doesn't show immediately (at least not to me :-) ). I make more sloppy mistakes when I'm under more stress than usual. But usually couple of weeks passes (and sometimes a couple of months) before I notice them. This seemed to be the week I noticed them all. Just little stuff (luckily) like forgetting to cancel one journal and order another one or to follow up on something I said I'd do.
Today is a beautiful day, low humidity, Just warm (upper 80's), not hot, perfect weather for gardening which is what we did this morning. Tommy re-planted our citrus trees and mowed the lawn while I planted some of the flower seedlings I started a few weeks ago inside (when it was hot). I post some pictures when they get a little bit bigger. And we're looking forward to tomorrow and Monday when it's supposed to cool off substantially...Monday's high temp is in the 70's!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment