Thursday, October 11, 2007

No news...

No news, nothing earth shattering going on, just a short post about the boring stuff because I suddenly realized that I'm always disappointed when I log on to my personal google page and see that my friends haven't posted anything new to their blogs. Even it its just what I had for breakfast (oatmeal). I like reading about what you had for breakfast and what cute thing the kids/pets did today and whether you saw bunnies or deer out your window this afternoon, I do!

So here's what's new...Both Tommy and I have been fighting colds for two weeks. I got it first and gave it to him (thus the whole miserable episode is my fault). We're past the really feeling icky part and on the long stretch of coughing and keeping each other awake at night.

Tommy's happy that the Cowboys are doing well this football season and is happily anticipating the baseball LCS's. He stayed up late on Monday night to watch the Cowboys play the Bills but was anticipating being tired the next day at work so when the clock was down to 20 seconds left in the fourth quarter and the Cowboys had scored a touchdown to get within two points of the Bills but missed their attempt to score two points after the touchdown he turned off the TV and went to sleep. The next morning he told me all about how the Cowboy's winning streak was broken but it was a good game. It was only when he got to work that morning that he learned that in the last 20 seconds of the game the Cowboys had kicked an on-side kick, recovered the football and scored ANOTHER TOUCHDOWN to win the game!!!! And he missed it.

Both school and work are keeping me busy. At work I've spent the week interviewing candidates for an open position in my department - exhausting! Plus it's the time of year when we do a lot of library instruction classes. The only thing wrong with that is that I'm so busy with other things that I don't often get to teach anymore and teaching is one of my favorite things to do.

Chris and I flew to Denton last weekend for class at TWU. We went early on Friday so we could spend Friday afternoon with her daughter who is a freshman at UT Arlington this year. The three of us went shopping for typical college freshman stuff: 40 rolls of toilet paper, almost as many paper towels, and ten packages of snack pack pudding (they were on sale). Class was fun too. We're taking a research methods class in the Family Science Department (because the Library Science Department doesn't teach them) so it was interesting to meet our class mates for the first time and learn about them and their research interests.

I suppose I'd better get back to school work. Tonight I'm finishing a comparison of three or four different kinds of qualitative data analysis software...so I can concentrate on a mock dissertation proposal this weekend. woo hoo!

No comments: