Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to all my favorite fathers!

We had a nice, quiet weekend together (after having dinner with one of our best friends and his new girl friend (!!!)).

As usual, I spent most of my time on the couch with the computer on my lap trying to catch up with all kinds of stuff that I put off during the spring semester like updating my blogs, reading other blogs, finalizing plans for my trip to the American Library Association annual conference next week, checking out hotels for a potential long weekend trip with Tommy later this summer, the list goes on and on...

In the meantime, Tommy spent Saturday on the yard and it looks beautiful (as usual). I was really excited to find some amberjack at the grocery store so we grilled fish and vegetables for dinner and I tried a recipe from my new In Praise of Tomatoes cookbook for fried green tomatoes. Today's been quiet too. Tommy talked with Julie on the phone and I talked to my Dad. I can't wait to see him and my Mom after the conference.

No comments: