Sunday, March 18, 2007
Stitches!
Sometimes Tommy and Josh remind me of Lucy and Ethel, you know, from the old "I Love Lucy" show? I was in Denton (in class) over the weekend and while I was gone, on Saturday, Tommy cut a pretty good gash in his forearm with the table saw. Luckily, Josh and Amber were just arriving home and they were kind enough to take care of him. Josh drove him to the emergency medical clinic (Tommy just couldn't face the hospital emergency room, you know how he is) and sat with him while he got stitched up. And when they got home, Amber fed him dinner. Throughout the entire ordeal, the main topic of conversation was when and how to tell me about it since I wasn't due home until Sunday. To make a long story short, Tommy had decided that I didn't need to know about it until I got home and he convinced Josh that this was the right thing to do despite Amber's wise counsel to the contrary. I can just see them sitting there, Lucy and Eth...I mean...Tommy and Josh in the doctor's office concocting reasons why I didn't need to know about this until I got home. Needless to say, Amber now has my official permission to tell Tommy what to do when I'm gone AND Tommy won't be using power tools when he's home alone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Too funny--I think you got it right with the Lucy & Ethel comparison! :)
Yeah, but now that I think about it, I'm not sure Amber and I are Ricky and Fred :-)
Post a Comment