Sunday, March 11, 2007

Spring is here!

Spring is here! The tomatoes I planted two weeks ago have quadrupled in size and already have blossoms on them. The gladiola bulbs I planted last week are already sprouting up. The bottle brush tree I persuaded Tommy to plant for me in the front yard looks like it's going to blook spectacularly in a week or so. But the very best thing about this spring is that my first daffodil is blooming! When I was a little girl, one of the very best things about spring was my dad's flower garden. Every spring, during Easter mass at our church, the kids would decorate a cross made of chicken wire with fresh flowers. It was always really beautiful when it was done. And I was always so proud that my brother and sister and I always had fresh flowers from my Dad's garden to put on the cross, usually daffodils.

No comments: