Monday, January 15, 2007

The perfect day?

Ya know how you often wish for a cold, wet day on which to stay home, snuggled up in a chair with a cat (or three), a fire, a cup of tea and a good book all day instead of slogging off to work? (at least we do down here in the south) Well, today's the day! The University is closed for MLK day. It's 9 am, the laundry's already done, I've had my breakfast and am now sipping a cup of Earl Grey watching the rain and the temperature fall (its 42 now and supposed to drop all day). Tommy's at work all day so I have the house to myself. The kitties are rubbing against my legs, waiting for me to decide where to curl up with my book. And it gets even better! The book is my textbook for one of my classes this semester; its called Action Research by Ernest Stringer but I don't feel the need to rush through it and get on to some other course required work because the semester has just barely started. If I begin to feel energetic, I might begin to pull clothes out of the closet in preparation for my trip to Seattle on Friday...the weather is certainly an inspiration for that too! Hope everyone has their own perfect day some time soon!

No comments: