Saturday, August 05, 2006

Nothing new

I've been feeling guilty, lately, for not writing a new post but, honestly, nothing even remotely exciting has happened. Overall, that makes me very happy. Life is peaceful and pleasant. It also makes for a pretty dull blog. But, you're all my friends and family and people who, as my friend Alita says about her personal blog, care about what I had for breakfast and things like that. So here's a run down on some of the highlights of the past three weeks in no particular order...
- One of my best friends with whom I went to library school came to work at my library.
- I finished implementing some new software at the library that they've been waiting for me to finish for more than a year. It helps users who search an electronic index for an article find the full text of the article faster and with fewer steps and keystrokes.
- We went to the beach (a rare occurrence despite what you might think) with the neighbors and their kids and dogs last Saturday evening. There was hardly any seaweed and I waded out to almost knee depth and could still see my toes! Lovely.
- I finally managed to connect with all of the people I needed to connect with in order to get "officially" enrolled as a transient graduate student at TAMUCC and in the two classes I need to take this fall: Introduction to Research Design and Statistics and Qualitative Research Design. One is being taught by a friend of mine with whom I've served on Faculty Senate and taken yoga classes at lunch time. It feels a little strange be shifted into a teacher-student relationship after I have worked so hard to establish a relationship between equals with faculty...but on the other hand, most of the time that's all in my head. I'll keep you posted.
- We're going to take a small vacation next weekend (yeah!). We're going to drive to The Woodlands (north of Houston for the non-Texans among you) on Saturday for dinner and window shopping and then spend Sunday with Tommy's sister Sandy and her husband Jimmy and their family of kids, grandkids, and cat. I'm looking forward to seeing their new house (well, ok its more new to me than to them). Then Sunday evening we'll drive down to near Galveston (south of Houston) and spend all day Monday touring the Johnson Space Center before driving home along the coast on Tuesday. If you're interested in seeing what we'll be doing, it's the Level 9 Tour. I'm sure that there will be some good stories and pictures from that trip...and I'll probably bring the laptop along since it plays movies and both hotels have internet access so stay tuned!

Ok, before I go, here's a blog I've been reading lately. This will be interesting only to those of you who are interested in what I'm reading and thinking about lately: http://meredith.wolfwater.com/wordpress/index.php .

No comments: